HONOR ROLL #4, JUNE 8

 Whatever problems I might have with the MCU's over-dependence on the Armored Avenger, no one can claim that ROBERT DOWNEY JR didn't give audiences an Iron Man for the 21st century. Being a child of the sixties, though, I still wanted to see his last line in AVENGERS ENDGAME-- the response to Thanos' "I am inevitable"-- to be, "And I am-- invincible!"



Only two outings for TIMOTHY DALTON as 007, but I still like him better than Daniel Craig. Hell, I even liked David Niven better than Daniel Craig.





Among other distinctions, KIRK DOUGLAS seems to have become the godfather of the whole Italian peplum industry, thanks to his outing in ULYSSES.




From the famed to the obscure, here's the oddly named XAVIER DECLIE.





BETTE DAVIS rates as one of the few A-list actors of Classic Hollywood to have essayed a work in the superhero opera, albeit for a television movie.



Following the awful performance of Will Smith as a live-action travesty of the DC villain DEADSHOT, a DTV animated movie got the character right.









No comments:

Post a Comment